Monday, July 31, 2006

Hope


I attended the funeral of a high school classmate today. The word that kept recycling through my mind was...hope. I just kept thinking that everything besides the person of Jesus Christ and what we do for Him is so futile. We put so much time and effort into an occupation, school, retirement funds, and "stuff" we think we need. Now, there's nothing wrong with those things at all, but where or in whom does our hope lie? I'm not proposing that we "hole up" in some compound until Jesus returns and forget all daily actions, but I'm challenging myself to leverage the majority of my time and efforts towards the eternal.
"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:18

No comments: