Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Elvis and Me

On this date in 1977, the world lost an icon, and I lost a friend. Most people don't know it, but Elvis and I were close. In his early years (before the drugs) we did everything together, and he always insisted on wearing that gold suit. Here is a photo tribute to "the King" and my friend, Elvis Presley.

Elvis loved hanging with me & my school friends

One of our favorite things was just making music downstairs in the studio. We co-wrote many of his hits down there, but I wasn't interested in the credit...just the friendship.



I miss you, buddy.

7 comments:

FR High School Ministry said...

you're such a dork

Monica said...

Oh my word...Don't ever call me a GOOF again!

bowht1 said...

Walcott is still on the map,it's good to see how GOD has put you "Southside" guys to work!

P.S. you let out the yeild sign

Harrison said...

dude...

best post in internet history.

Cassie said...

I love the one where you are gazing up in loving adoration at your friend Elvis. It almost brought a tear to my eye to see such love and admiration between to men, even if one of the is made out of cardboard. Can I just second the "dork" and "goof" that have already been used:)

Mom said...

Son, I always knew you had a super sense of humor! Mom

Dana said...

you CRACK me up!!!!!!!!!!!