Saturday, September 30, 2006

31 down...45 to go


Today marks the 31st anniversary of my life and the one year anniversary of this blog. I didn't think I'd make it this long (with the blog, I mean.) However, I have been wondering how much longer I'll be in this flesh, and that prompted me to do a little research.
A recent study by Dr. Christopher Murray of the Harvard School of Public Health determined the states and counties with the longest and shortest lifespans. On the average, the Hawaiians are living the longest, but specifically, residents in Clear Creek County, CO are living to be 81.3 yrs old. However, the folks around Washabaugh County, SD are only living 66.6 years (Someone needs to check their radiation levels!)
Anyway, I took the three states in which I've lived...calculated an extensive formula (too complicated to reproduce) and discovered that I'll live to be 76.5 (give or take a few months.) So, if the Lord wills, as of today I have approximately 45.5 years left. So, the end for me will roughly be March of 2051...which is a bummer because I'd like to see Halley's Comet again in the summer of 2061. Oh well, there are much cooler things to see in heaven. Happy Birthday to me.

3 comments:

Matt Mashburn said...

HBD, my brother. Good Blog...from a science guy

Harrison said...

Man, you're old... would it make you feel older if I told you that I was 5 years old in 1990? Thought that might make your day better ;)

Monica said...

I'm going to have to start taking Anti-Depressents to keep dating you. ( :