Monday, July 28, 2008

National Cheesecake Day


One of my favorite things about living in Ft. Lauderdale (besides the great people, good church, the beach, & the Ale House) was my close proximity to a Cheesecake Factory. When I felt like treating myself, I'd make the 10 minute drive, pick up a slice with a big strawberry on top for $7.50, and lick my lips all the way home before I sank a fork into this delicious dessert. Well, this Wednesday, they're celebrating 30 years with a $1.50 slice of cheesecake. Here's the bummer...I'm in Arkansas now, and the closest Cheesecake Factory is 4 hours and 7 minutes away in Chesterfield, MO. I don't think I'll be making the drive, but if you are fortunate enough to be near a CF... please, don't waste this opportunity...and if you would, leave me a comment and tell me what you had and how great it was.

9 comments:

Tommy Archer said...

Isn't there a Cheesecake Factory in the Barnes and Noble at Turtle Creek Mall. Maybe it is not an official store, but I think they sell Cheesecake Factory products. For that price it is worth checking out.

S.A. said...

T.A, you might have just made my day! I'll check it out.

H.T. said...

My cousin manages a Cheesecake Factory in Boston. I could see if he could hook you up, but AR is way out there!?

S.A. said...

The Barnes and Noble would be better than nothing, but there is no comparison to a fresh cheesecake. My sister has got the FedEx hook-up, and, Holly, with your Boston hook-up...we just might make this happen. I'll check the price on refrigerated, air-sealed shipping.

H.T. said...

With a wing & prayer, it just might happen!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads-up. There is actually one in St. Louis, just down the street from me. I shall have to mark that on my calendar.

This is Cassie by the way. I haven't blogged in so long I forgot my password.

Lora Laubach said...

I say make the trip. More fun!
Hey we could probably hook you up with an expedited run.

Giovanna said...

hey not to brag or anything lol but theres 2 by my house haha :) K that was kinda of mean...however I will go eat one and enjoy it in ur honor!! BTW my fav is the strawberry one toooo! - Gister

S.A. said...

I did have a piece from Chick-Filet, but it just wasn't the same.