Wednesday, October 08, 2008

CMT Crossroads


If you're not familiar with the format, CMT has a show where they match a country artist/band up with an artist from the pop/rock genre, and they cooperatively perform their best tunes. Supposedly, CMT filmed another episode of Crossroads this week featuring Def Leopard and Taylor Swift. Seriously, who is in charge of matching these artists up? After the episode with 38 Special and Trace Adkins, I'm beginning to think they are pulling names from a hat! Taylor Swift wasn't even born when Def Leopard was in their 2 year prime.
Though their hay day was short lived, I can remember when "Pour Some Sugar on Me" hit the charts. I was in the 6th grade, and I begged my mom to take me to get a Def Leopard t-shirt...wow.
To their credit, CMT has made some great match ups. John Mayer and Brad Paisley was incredible...as well as Sara Evans and Maroon 5. Sheryl Crow and Willie Nelson, I like individually but not together. I have a novel idea...let the fans choose who we want to see together! How bout' Eric Clapton and Keith Urban? Who would you like to see together?
By the way, I have a theory of how Def Leopard got their name. Arkansas School for the Deaf is in Little Rock, and their mascot is the Leopards...maybe just coincidence.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the Willie and Sheryl Crossroads -- did you see it? I always enjoy when they sing Johnny Cash tunes, and they sang the Carpenter song that time. Also, she did a great version of Crazy.

Linda
www.stillisstillmoving.com

Heather Orr said...

Interesting theory...you kill me.

Couldn't agree with you more on the Crossroads thing - in addition to John Mayer/Brad Paisley, I also loved Heart and Wynnona. I do not get the Taylor Swift pairing at all - at least it's not Jessica Simpson!

Dana said...

I think you found your calling... pairing people for Crossroads! But we all know if you were pairing them it would've been Sheryl Crow and Charleton Cupp!!! KUrban and EClapton would be great!!! I actually like TSwift so I'm looking forward to the episode. I even wrote it on my calendar. :-)

craiger said...

why georgia by brad paisley and john mayer is one of my favorite songs

Franny said...

It's Leppard.

S.A. said...

Thanks for the correction Franny.

Anonymous said...

I also liked the John Mellencamp/Kenny Chesney one, as well as Pat Benatar and Martina McBride.

I agree with you though...after watching clips of Def Lep and Taylor Swift...just plain awful!

muhammad ibraheem said...

Investment Plans to make money online, Online Jobs can make money online from home, Just Visit
www.jobzcorner.com