Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Influence

As I was watching the Michael Jackson tribute yesterday, I was particularly impressed with the recognition that the Lord, Jesus Christ received. Props to the Jackson family, the other artists, and the pastor for not being shy about the name of Jesus. One word kept circulating in me as I thought about MJ's life, and that was influence. Undoubtedly, he was one of the most recognized and influential persons of his time. He influenced some to pursue careers in the arts, he influenced a genre of music, he influenced some to be humanitarians, and so on. Though most of us will never have a platform as great as MJ's, we all have an opportunity to influence our own environment, however big or small that is. I sometimes think that while I may not necessarily be a negative influence in my world, I miss plenty of opportunities to be a positive influence on those around me. The Lord doesn't intend for us to only avoid being a stumbling block to others, He is thoroughly pleased when we actively and lovingly attempt to point others toward Him. So, those were my thoughts on the recent events, and I'd love to hear yours...

1 comment:

wenbin wang said...

However, there is another less time consuming true religion outletway to get cheap and trendy baby clothes - by buying them at wholesale prices on the internet. Mothers erroneously believe babyliss Prothat cheap wholesale baby clothes are only available in gigantic lots, Honda Fairingsbut that really isn't true.